Gastric Sleeve surgery which is one of the best obesity solutions is almost always done as a minimally invasive procedure using a laparoscope. This means a long, thin tube is inserted into your abdomen through several small incisions. This tube has a light and a tiny camera attached to it as well as various instruments.
Gastric sleeve surgery is done using general anesthesia, which is medicine that puts you into a very deep sleep and requires a ventilator to breathe for you during the surgery. The surgery entails dividing your stomach into two unequal parts. About 80 percent of the outer curved part of your stomach is cut away and removed. The edges of the remaining 20 percent are then stapled or sutured together. This creates a banana-shaped stomach that’s only about 25 percent of its original size.
Gastric Sleeve is performed under laparoscopic surgery with a shorter healing period. The surgery takes around 1 hour only and only after 3 to 4 hours you can start walking normally. This surgery is one of the most popular weight loss surgery procedures because thanks to the latest technology (laparoscopy) it offers a minimally-invasive and low-risk bariatric surgery.
Duration: ~ 45 minutes - 1 hour
Hospital Stay: 2 - 3 nights
Hotel Stay: 2 nights
Hospital Name: Medar Hospital
Location: Ataşehir, Istanbul/TURKEY
Including: 5 Stars Hotel, Transfers and Guide
* Hospital stay may vary depending on patients need and health state.
* On average, after 3 - 4 hours after surgery, patients start to walk.